Re: Odroid C2

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Dr. Zenzic <dr.zenzic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance as I'm really an HPC researcher working on
> building a small odroid-c2 cluster for parallel scaling research.
>
> You're correct that the kernel should be working out of the box and I
> don't believe that is my issue. It seems that u-boot isn't cooperating.
> I flashed the minimal image
> (https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/28/Spins/aarch64/images/Fedora-Minimal-28-1.1.aarch64.raw.xz)
> to the eMMC card and then tried to install u-boot according to these
> instructions https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/software/building_u-boot
> for the provided sd_fusing.sh. This should be adding the u-boot binaries
> to the beginning of the card; however, when I power the board on I
> simply get a solid blue kernel LED which seems to suggest that u-boot is
> starting but unable to boot the kernel.

Do you have a serial console TTL to see any output?

You likely want to follow the image creation section using the Fedora
built u-boot from the README in upstream U-Boot:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob_plain;f=board/amlogic/odroid-c2/README;hb=HEAD

> I was able to find an older fedora 25 image using a modified 3.14 kernel
> that boots so I'm attempting to go through the upgrade process for this
> currently.

I have no idea what process that uses but I doubt it's compatible,
userspace should work fine but I'm sorry this isn't really supportable
because we don't have the time and resources to support some random
image.

I've had reports that the C2 works OOTB with Fedora kernels.