Re: Koji for F24 aarch64

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Eric Smith <spacewar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Dan Horák <dan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As I wrote earlier package maintainers shouldn't (must not) initiate
>> any non-scratch builds in the secondary build systems, the koji-shadow
>> semi-automated system (and other tools) managed by release engineering
>> take care of that.
>
> Sorry, but that just leaves me even more baffled. How does koji-shadow
> know whether and when it should package up an f2[45] aarch64 package
> update?  Are you saying that the abc package update I already pushed
> to f2[45] for the primary arches is going to at some mysterious point
> in the future get built and pushed to aarch64 f2[45]? How long does
> that take?

It takes the information from the primary koji instance and sorts it
out based on information from the API

> With a primary arch, I can set up a buildroot override once a package
> is built, so that I can then build a dependent package. Is that
> possible for a secondary arch?

No, it's not for an end user, but the shadow process already mentioned
recreates the details of those overrides based on the information
about the build stored in the primary database so the shadow process
will automatically generate the overrides and all needed bits when it
mirrors the builds over.

Basically just leave anything to do with < F-26 alone and it'll be sorted out.

Peter