Re: Koji for F24 aarch64

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 02:58:45 -0600
Eric Smith <spacewar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Dan Horák <dan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As I wrote earlier package maintainers shouldn't (must not) initiate
> > any non-scratch builds in the secondary build systems, the
> > koji-shadow semi-automated system (and other tools) managed by
> > release engineering take care of that.
>
> Sorry, but that just leaves me even more baffled. How does koji-shadow
> know whether and when it should package up an f2[45] aarch64 package
> update?  Are you saying that the abc package update I already pushed
> to f2[45] for the primary arches is going to at some mysterious point
> in the future get built and pushed to aarch64 f2[45]? How long does
> that take?
>
> With a primary arch, I can set up a buildroot override once a package
> is built, so that I can then build a dependent package. Is that
> possible for a secondary arch?

the maintainer doesn't need to care about builds in secondary kojis,
the koji-shadow script (started periodically from cron or manually)
takes a list of finished builds from primary koji and builds them in
the same order using the same buildroots as were used in primary koji.
Using recursion it first builds any of the missing builds in
buildroots. The delay is between couple minutes and lets say a day when
no breakage occurs in the buildroot chain.

		Dan