Re: Wandboard Quad network dies under load?

Hi Derek,

>Well, I'm (now) running the current F23 release .. and I'm testing it
>now.  I should know in an hour or two if there's an issue.  Is there
>something I need to turn on to see the debug log issue?  I should note

>this is wired ethernet, not wifi, where it stops talking to the net.

I saw a bug with the atheros ethernet driver as well, which had different symptoms.
The portion of the code that goes into an infinite loop for me has debugging that spews to the log files. (bool ath9k_hw_stopdmarecv(struct ath_hw *ah, bool *reset))
However, if your driver doesn't do that, it would not show up anywhere.. :)

>I doubt it's a cabling issue -- I have this issue on two different
>boards located different places in my house connected via different
>cables to different switches.  The only common factor is Wandboard Quad
>and high data transmission from the WB-Q.

It may not be. In fact, it all might be a red herring...

It might be a bad setting in the device tree between the version of the wandboard you have, they apparently use two different FEC chips.

Also, you might take a poke at this too if you haven't seen it:

https://boundarydevices.com/i-mx6-ethernet/

I am leaning toward something that changed that broke a few things and I am guessing it isn't arm specific.

Sean