[fedora-arm] Re: arm-image-installer project (renamed from fedora-arm-installer)

Thank you.

On 01/18/2016 09:59 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi All,

Just a heads up we've renamed fedora-arm-installer and moved it to a new home.

https://pagure.io/arm-image-installer

So what do I download to get this new version? Last version was a nice rpm. I don't see an rpm at this site.

The rename is so it's more generic so it can be reused by the CentOS
ARM project and anyone else who wishes to make use of it.

I hope you are making progess with your colleagues over on Centos-arm for this. I have proposed this approach over there, but on the list, the builder was last pushing still to make an image per board. A unique image is needed for RPi2 due to the different kernel, but not the others. I have many a post there claiming how simple this installer approach would be. More on this use by Centos belongs on the Centos list, of course.

It's now hosted on pagure too so you can easily submit enhancements,
fixes, documentation pull requests.

I am going to have to remember my FAS account...

For those boards with sata (cuibes, wands?, linksprites?), you can put just the uboot on the mSD and the image on a USB connected sata. It does not hurt, it seems, to put the uboot on the sata, but obviously you ONLY want the uboot on the mSD. I did a variant of the script to have a 2nd media allowed for just the uboot, and sent that to Paul some months back. I don't believe Hans has uboot on NRAND on Cubies working yet. So a script that would take uboot from some local tree to mSD in addition to downloading from koji the lastest, might be nice.

again thank you