Re: Someone interested in Pandaboard ES?

>> I'm running F-21 on two revisions of the Panda-ES without issues. I'm
>> running one with a minimal install and one with XFCE.
>>
>> I've not seen any errors around thermal errors even when compiling
>> things. Have you tried installing the kernel-tools package and running
>> the tmon util? My devices sit at around 30 degrees at idle.
>>
>> The wlcore module error is a known issue. I black list them as I don't
>> use wireless. The chip needs a userspace util called uim to put the
>> chip into the right mode, also the patches to support DeviceTree
>> haven't landed upstream. In general the WiLink wireless drivers aren't
>> in a great state.
>>
>> I create a file called:
>> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-wlcore.conf
>> And add the following two lines:
>> blacklist wl12xx
>> blacklist wlcore
>>
>> I can't help with the other error without more information. Overall
>> with F-21 GA the Panda-ES does work relatively well in my experience.
>> There's certainly some improvements to be made but it's generally very
>> usable with  XFCE or as a minimal install system.
>>
>> Peter
>

> Thank You fo reply, Peter!
>
> I'have installed kernel-tools and banned wlcore. Than reboot before make new
> logs.
> Tmon indicates ~50C at Idle and goes 79 with little load. Based on previous
> expiriance it can't survive full system update, without termal shutdown.
>
> Here is my logs:
> http://pastebin.com/L118YkDt
> http://pastebin.com/pfSLR2Fe
> http://pastebin.com/NH4G5egN
>
> Last time I forgot to mention that mouse is working badly, but think that
> this is not important now. I use XFCE edition of F21. Power adapter is 2250
> mA and I think that is OK also.

Sorry for the late response on this one.

My Panda-ES sits at idle around 20C using tmon so the temp is kind of
strange. The Logitech Razor mouse is much higher precision so will
generate a lot more data. If it's still a problem you might want to
look at getting a heat sink to stick on the SoC.

BTW I'll have a fixed kernel for 3.18+ issues shortly.

Peter