Re: cubietruck boots from sdcard, but f21 doesn't find mmcblk

On 02/25/2015 09:43 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
On 02/25/2015 09:19 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
Hey all,

First time trying to setup my cubietruck/cubieboard3. I used
fedora-arm-installer[1] to fill in an 8GB sd card on my host machine, using
Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-21-5-sda.raw.xz.
Did you include

--target=Cubietruck

Yes, I used --target=Cubietruck.

on the installer script command?  (case insensitive, ir you read the script)

I have run this successfully on my Cubietruck and Cubieboard2 (I sent in a
script change to support the C2, don't know if it has been rolled in).

Though I am now working with F22 Alpha to get video support.

Pop it into my cubietruck, connect via serial console, start it up. Machine
passes uboot fine and boots the initrd, but eventually fails waiting for the
root mount point to show up, and falls back to dracut.
Mount the card on your host system and see that you get the __boot and __
partitions.  Perhaps there is something wrong with your card install step.
After I build an SD card, I use gparted to increase the __ partition to max
size for the card.  The I pull out the card from my host system. I would like
to see this step automated in the script.

The sdcard mounts fine on multiple machines using an sd-to-usb adapter, and
all partitions are accounted for. That's the only other way I have to test an
sdcard

Thinking back to this build, I occationally had a problem with boot failing and dropping back to dracut. I would pull power, repower and the second time it would work. Like there was some problem with NAND or something. Happened like every other setup, that some state was left wrong. I have not seen this behaviour with Rawhide/F22 and forgot about it.

Pressing the power button to reboot did not fix this. I had to pull the powerplug and then back in to get it to boot right.