Re: testing Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-rawhide-20150110-sda.raw.xz

Hi,

On 15-01-15 10:00, Peter Robinson wrote:
I have finally squeezed some time in to run a test on a Cubieboard2.  I
will be doing more testing over the next couple weeks.  I hope.

This rawhide minimal is not prompting me during first boot for root
passward, timezone, adduser.  Not added yet?

No longer have to modify boot for the 'console' option.  That is working
nicely.

I plugged in the ethernet cable a while after logging in and it took some
time to gain IP addressing.  I am use to ifdown eth0;ifup eth0.  Of course
with no config file, these do not work.  What do I use instead to give in
this case dhcp a kick to get IP addresses?

I see it comes with the 3.19 kernel.  What uboot, per Hans' lastest email?
Obviously I would like to test out video support.  I will be able to do some
of the 3.19 kernel testing once I get a few things up and working.

As I am away until friday, and did not bring an HDMI cable with me to
connect to the room TV, I will probably not be doing much else testing until
friday.

For the sunxi video output support to work we need to enable simplefb,
are we currently enabling any fbdev (so non kms) drivers on arm?

Yes:
$ grep SIMPLE co*
config-arm-generic:CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE=y
config-armv7-generic:CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_SIMPLE=m
config-armv7-generic:CONFIG_SND_SIMPLE_CARD=m

Oh, great, so that should just work then!

If so I think we should add simplefb, if not I guess we may want to wait
for simpledrm which is a kms driver using the same firmware interface
to get the framebuffer from u-boot.

I'd prefer the KMS simpledrm actually as I think it's a better way
forward

Agreed.

any idea when that should land?

Soon-ish, I believe. I'll try to coordinate this with David Herrmann,
one (sunxi specific) problem is that sunxi needs simplefb / simpledrm to
claim some clocks to avoid them from getting turned off. After a LONG
discussion upstream we've finally managed to hash out the devicetree
bindings for this, and simplefb in 3.19 supports this, but I still
need to add support for it to simpledrm. Worst case we would need to
carry a kernel patch for that for 1 kernel release.

Regards,

Hans