Re: Hardware list - Re: Fedora 20 for Raspberry Pi????

On 12/23/2013 07:26 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 04:24:42PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Is there a hardware list of arm v7 systems that people have gotten
fedora on?  I did a quick search, but I've rarely been good a
effective searches...
This is the list of what is supported by Fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM

Remixes are covered here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F19/Remixes

But if you mean what ARM hardware has anyone ever tried to run Fedora
on and maybe got something working by hacking around, I don't think
that exists.

It would be nice for a place where people can report what they have gotten
working.  And how.
That's what this list is for.... and it's used quite regularly as such.

Oh, yes. But then one has to read through all the messages and gather the 'lore' of the list to learn what has been done.

You see, my day job is developing standards. I work in the IETF and IEEE on standards. Particularly in the IETF we have noted that there is tremendous lore in the lists that we MUST capture so that someone coming along later will get it right without having to plow through sometimes 1000s of emails. I got burned with RFC 2410; we had fun writing it. Everyone at the time knew what we meant about a cipher with key length of Zero and what that meant in ISAKMP. 5 years later we had a few companies whos programmers had not grown up with english and definitely did not know about things like ITAR. The result was they did not interoperate with other IPsec implementations. Ouch. (they included the ISAKMP key length payload which you are not suppose to do if the cipher's key length is a constant and if you get an ISAKMP payload you are not expecting you are suppose to reject the exchange. All we had to do was include that little point in the RFC, but did not) So for the work I am in charge of, I try to capture the list lore and see that someone gets it consolidated.

Just my 1 cent worth.

Back to looking at what hardware I want to get sometime soonish.