Improved support for BeagleBone (Black) for Fedora 20

Did you know that BeagleBone Black is *true* open hardware? This means
that people can readily take the design and make their own custom
changes to it even prototyping it in low quantities, such as being
supported for the upcoming Arduino TRE. The same can't be said for
some other boards in the same price range also looking to get Linux in
the hands of more people.

It is also $35 to distributors and those including it in other open
hardware projects.

OK, it might not have been best for me to start with a sales pitch,
but it seems to me a lot of people aren't aware.

I'd like to figure out who has interest in improving Fedora support on
BeagleBone Black and what I can do to help them. We have a running
image of Fedora...

http://beagleboard.org/fedora has a bit more information on that as
well as the desired end experience

...but there are a lot of things that need to be done to try to make
it more appealing to expose more "makers" to Linux.

First and foremost, support needs to be in the Fedora mainline, not on
a remix. I'd be very happy if I was copied on any blocking issues in
that regard so that I can help get them addressed.

Second, we've built a unique experience around the BeagleBone where
you can simply plug it in over USB, it shares any drivers necessary
for Windows or Macs to get connected using an emulated flash drive and
the virtual Ethernet connection over USB serves up an interactive
board-hosted web site to learn about the board capabilities and
interact with it. You can also simply ssh over the virtual Ethernet
connection to develop locally on the board or using 'gdb' connected
cross-tools like Eclipse. This same experience is being duplicated and
extensively augmented on the upcoming Arduino TRE.

The end result is to produce an image easy to install and use via the
web browser and desktop for the almost 100,000 boards already out
there and potentially replace the reference distro shipped with the
boards 100,000s of boards yet to come and their derivatives.

Please contact me and/or Dave Anders if you have interest in
supporting this effort or need some help resolving issues related to
any of the BeagleBoard.org boards.