Re: Problems with a pogoplug v02

On 04/16/2013 09:53 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
To use the serial UART console on the pogoplug, yes. But the
instructions on the wiki we're made with the goal that you should not
have to use the serial console.

I've got a USB stick being prepared right now and I've already gone
through the uboot upgrade on one of the few virgin model Pogo-E02 's I
have.

I'll post my notes when I'm done.

So the short of it is that I had no issues following the steps provided on the wiki. They are actually a lot cleaner then when I did them.

My Notes:
http://revident.net/projects/pogoplug/fedora-18-install/

shell.history
^ This is what I did at the command line. Of note is that I did this at the serial console because I couldn't get my pogoplug to register to enable SSH. There should be no applicable difference between doing it here vs ssh as I've done it from SSH when setting up Fedora 17.

There is a little extra in there from my mounting a spare USB drive to get the files off as scp didn't work for some reason.

uboot.afterupdate
^ fw_printenv of the uboot settings after I applied the updated uboot.

uboot.fedorachanges
^ fw_printenv of the uboot settings after I applied the fedora 18 specific fw_setenv commands.

All of the above was done and taken from within side the pogoplug linux environment.

Other things I noticed.

1) I did have the reboot command in the pogoplug linux and it worked as expected. 2) The loading of the uInitrd took on the order of a minute, but that might be the microSD+adapter I'm using for the OS image. 3) The fedora instance rebooted itself once after seemingly to finish booting. It came up fine after that. I had to be patienent for SSH to come up, was maybe 2-3 minuets.

Compare your uboot environment to what I posted, see if anything is a miss.

--
Scott Sullivan