Re: Problems with a pogoplug v02

I have been trying to follow:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/PogoplugUSBDisk

Point of difference, mine is a black pogoplug v02, not a pink or grey...

I know they had done black casings, but not personally seen any of the V2s in Black.

I built a F18 USB drive on a 8Gb drive following:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F18/GuruPlug

I did this from a F18 notebook.  When I mount this drive back in to the
notebook, it does not see anything, and disk manager sees the drive as
one partition of unknown linux type.

I then followed the Pogoplug instructions for F18 and rebooted.  Of
course there is no reboot command, and no power cycle switch, so the
only way I can see to reboot is unplug and plug back in.

I do recall the reboot command being missing, but there was a way to reboot it, I think 'init 6' still works. But it's been about a half year since I touched mine.

There have been a fair bit of changes since I did a major update of those instructions for early F17. I'll try to look them over tonight with one of my Pogoplugs.

After this power cycle, I attempted to ssh in, and instead of the Fedora
root password,it was the password I assigned via the pogoplug.com enable
SSH setting.  And I ended up in bash.

So it did not boot to fedora, your still in the PogoPlug's native linux.

I am looking at the instructions at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F18/GuruPlug

And am I suppose to be using a serial port during this first boot? I do
have a USB serial device, but I would need that on my linux notebook for
a serial port.  Oh, wait, I have an old XP notebook with a serial
port...  If this USB serial device works, do I use a 'regular' serial
cable (whatever that is these days) and what port settings do I use?

/!\ Do Not Use a normal serial adapter/port! The logic levels will be at 12volts and will fry your pogoplugs UART.

The pogoplus expects 3.3V logic level.
I personally use one these https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9873

At what point do I restart this install process?

thank you.

Oh 'free' on bash is showing 256Mb of memory?

Yes, those Pogoplugs only came 256Mb.

--
Scott Sullivan