Re: slow loading of initrd/kernel from ext file system on kirkwood/dockstar

I think the slowness you are experiencing is because you aren't writing the kernel and initramfs images to nand.
If you do that, it will speed up the boot considerably. :) in otherwords, the commands I looked at for the guruplug,
copied the kernel and initramfs from the device, then boot from there. If that is working there are some directions somewhere,
that tell you how to do the nand.erase nand.write. then you change the boot command to just boot those addresses. which will skip about 5+ minutes of the boot time. :)

However, I was having issues writing to the nand on mine, it was generating a ton of errors with the nand.write command.  :)
slow boot is better then no boot, i suppose. :)