Re: F18 ARM Final plan from this morning's hackfest discussion

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Jon <jdisnard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We do not ship u-boot for any boards except maybe Pandaboard.

Currently we do for Panda*, Beagle, BBone, and will enable more as we
get kernels for them such as some of the samsung devices and as the
AllWinner support goes upstream. Basically for nearly half of our
supported devices.

> I believe the device tree blobs are generated from the kernel src, so it
> might make sense to have them as part of the kernel package or a
> sub-package.

That's if they're appended, in theory it could be placed into memory
for retrieval by uboot as well which means we wouldn't need the kernel
ones. The idea behind this is that the vendor ships a working and
supported uboot (like the trimslice has a uboot in firmware) and a
generic kernel just boots and retrieves the DT that is provided by the
uboot. We should be able to test this if the panda/beagle ones we
compile provide DT, we might need to tweak the way we build those
uboots to ensure it does provide a DT or to enable the DT. The
trimslice in theory should be providing this in their new firmware.

Peter