Re: An alpha ARM full of Beefy Miracle (AKA Fedora 17 on ARM alpha 1)

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Thomas Meyer <thomas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Zitat von Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

>> Now on the missing GUI interfaces and "your favourite desktop". We're
>> working as quick as we can to get all the mainline packages built. I
>> would ask if you please don't just go and build random packages in
>> koji. We have scripts handling the build process to ensure it's built
>> identical to Mainline Fedora so everything works as it should but this
>> takes time. The quickest way to get these appearing for use if for you
>> to fix broken packages [1] in mainline Fedora. If they don't compile
>> there they certainly won't on ARM. These breakages block the build
>> process of packages higher up the stack as the needed dependencies
>> aren't there. Again please just don't go and compile random packages
>> in koji.
>

> btw. where to report bugs in packages (like I did for accountsservice here
> on this list)? The package did build fine in mainline because I guess it
> where build before the usr-merge/move. now it fails.

It depends on the problem. The circular deps issue is an issue that
koji-shadow will generally work out. The issue with the other one is a
result of the usrmove changes and is actually an upstream bug that
will come to light when the next version is built upstream.

Peter