Re: An alpha ARM full of Beefy Miracle (AKA Fedora 17 on ARM alpha 1)

Zitat von Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx>:

Now on the missing GUI interfaces and "your favourite desktop". We're
working as quick as we can to get all the mainline packages built. I
would ask if you please don't just go and build random packages in
koji. We have scripts handling the build process to ensure it's built
identical to Mainline Fedora so everything works as it should but this
takes time. The quickest way to get these appearing for use if for you
to fix broken packages [1] in mainline Fedora. If they don't compile
there they certainly won't on ARM. These breakages block the build
process of packages higher up the stack as the needed dependencies
aren't there. Again please just don't go and compile random packages
in koji.

btw. where to report bugs in packages (like I did for accountsservice here on this list)? The package did build fine in mainline because I guess it where build before the usr-merge/move. now it fails.

That being said there's been a LOT of work done by a few people to get
us to this point so I do hope you jump in and enjoy the ride :-D

Thanks for all the hard work.

with kind regards
thomas