Re: armv7hl requirements

Peter Robinson wrote:

>>> I must say that I like this idea A LOT! :D
>> I like this idea a lot too. It will speed up development. :)
>>
>> If the -main- development is done this way, then a final compile for
>> the release is done on actual hardware with the actual toolchain, it
>> would also meet the specs of the Fedora Project.  This is less
>> frustrating to developers, and it should only require a 1 recompile
>> since the build issues should be fixed.
>
> Ultimately anything compiled in koji that is not a scratch build could
> conceivably become part of the final compose of the OS so there's no
> way of telling what is dev and what is final. In reality once things
> settle down all development should be done upstream in Fedora and
> koji-shadow then just follows mainline.

I didn't think this was a suggestion for the official build koji, was
it? The point is that it is very hard to meaningfully troubleshoot a
process that takes 3 days to fail on a 1.2GHz ARM, and then has to be
re-started from scratch. The incremental progress becomes too painfully
slow. But if we can get that 3 day process into a 3 hour process (e.g.
I've only got about 4GHz worth of ARM cores, but about 40GHz worth of
x86-64 cores), then the problem is at least transitioned from the realm
of unworkable into the realm of slow.

Once you know it builds and works, waiting for 3+ days so bad because at
least you know something usable will come out of it.

Gordan