Sending a bulk digest to a list from discourse is trickier than I'd thought

... because while Discourse has a per-user digest feature, it doesn't have a
non-user-associated way to send such a message. I considered setting up a
dedicated account just for this purpose, but Smooge has talked me out of it.

We've got several other options:

1. Just close the list with one final message.

2. Close the list and add an auto-response directing to the new location.

3. Close the list and post a message montly reminding people to migrate if
   they're still interested in following.

4. Develop something that uses the Discourse API to provide an automatic
   summary.

5. Other ideas?

My personal thought is option 2, but I'd like to hear what you all think.

(I know I just said we should actually move where we're discussing things
starting now, but this particular topic seems of most interest to current
mailing list subscribers?)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>