Re: Fedora priorities for RH CPE team -- let's make a list

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 4:22 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 11:00:36AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > hopefully by then successful, etc., what is now most important and most
> > urgent?
>
> I was hoping someone else would start, but I'll go. :)

I've added mine to the taiga board.

One I'd like to highlight is the Community Openshift instance
https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/fedora-council-infrastructure-priorities/us/10

It didn't survive the datacenter move, but it is a key project for
Fedora if we want to decentralize the infrastructure and let community
maintainers and not just CPE to work on services for Fedora.

The other is transparency for infra resources which we use
https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/fedora-council-infrastructure-priorities/us/8?kanban-status=439

The argument like "we can not do X because we don't have resources for
it" appears often, but currently we don't have data to make any
meaningful decisions here.
For example: how much does it "cost" for Fedora to enable ELN builds?
How much resources COPR takes? What is the impact of flatpacks? How
much it takes to add testing for new architecture?
We need to be able to measure these things so we can plan and negotiate better.

> 1. Finish up the FAS migration, get everything across the project
>    functional with new system.

+1 This is the key service for the Infra.

> 2. Search for docs.fedoraproject.org

I am not sure it needs to be a CPE priority. This is one those
self-contained tasks which basically anyone from community can do,
with a bit of a guidance. So i'd rather see it as a project for
Outreachy or whatever entry point projects we have for

> 3. Image builder in composes (leading to image builder distinct from main
>    compose for spins)

+1

> 4. Updated Fedora notifications system

I think we need a better description what does it mean "updated" .
What are the expectations and acceptance criteria?

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fedora Project Leader