Re: Historical context for Council ticket priorities?

Hey Ben,

On 8/24/20 3:03 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone have historical context for what the Council ticket
> priorities mean? As I'm going through documenting processes, it seems
> like the tickets repo is a good thing to document as well. But these
> priorities are....not clear:
>
> * OMG Urgent!!!1
> * Needs Review
> * Next Meeting
> * Coming Up
> * Waiting on Assignee
> * Waiting on Reporter
> * Waiting on External
>
> In particular, I could make a case for any arrangement of "Needs
> Review", "Next Meeting", and "Coming Up". If someone knows what we
> meant by these when they were created, that would be a good starting
> point.
>
> I plan on suggesting some changes anyway (priority and status are
> different axes, and we're treating them the same right now), so if
> there's no history available then I'll just skip this and work on a
> proposal for cleaning it up. But if there's some amount of knowledge
> to document, I'd like to get that written down now and fix it when we
> get around to changing the priorities.

I can only speak to one of these: "Next Meeting". I have used this to
filter what tickets are coming up for a meeting, share a URL with
others, and propose tickets for meeting discussion where I am not the
meeting chair.

CommOps and D&I have also modeled that aspect of Council Pagure:

https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issues?status=Open&priority=20&close_status=

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/diversity-inclusion/meetings/#_how_to_add_a_ticket_to_meeting_agenda

That said, not sure if it is being used this way now for the Council
meetings anymore. I am always open to trying something new that might
work better. :-)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory (he/him)