Re: [Ambassadors] Re: Fwd: The Fate of Ambassador Programme

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 1:24 PM Justin W. Flory (he/him) <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 5/26/20 12:57 AM, Leigh Griffin wrote:
> A general open tracker with backlog ideas would be helpful especially
> for those wanting to get involved and become an Ambassador. It could add
> help and easily become part of the onboarding process. It would also be
> a strong means to share what's working at local levels and inspire others.

Just curious, is this a different idea from the Fedora Join SIG
on-boarding ticket tracker?

    https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Welcome-to-Fedora/issues

It feels like this might already be the envisioned system but not sure
if there is overlap there.

They could converge, my idea was more opportunities and things to work on so others could be inspired or help or participate. It also gives visibility to long running initiatives that might be invisible to the wider Community.

On 5/26/20 5:33 AM, Joerg Simon wrote:
> So, as long as there is no one willing and able to step up as FAmA to do
> the slogger work and revive this dead patient, give freedom to those who
> invest their time trying to move this to a new
> place(joingroup/advocates) unbiased from the old battlegrounds - the
> time is long overdue to retire the Ambassador Group this will not
> diminish the work and the achievements done in this group in the past.

+1.

On 5/25/20 2:35 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> As you did very well read the ambassador requirements, you can explain
> me surly why your personal wiki page doesnt fullfill the requirements?

Oh, wiki pages are requirements? I don't ever remember this coming up
when I became an Ambassador. How long was that a requirement?

Also, is this before or after we disabled non-CLA+1 wiki account
registrations because of wiki spam?

On 5/25/20 2:35 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> We have there ambassador who count as highly active but they are just
> active during meetings, the job of the ambassador there is no activity.

Oh, I did not know Ambassadors in any region were meeting regularly. Do
you have links to any recent meetings? I must have missed them!

On 5/25/20 3:59 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> This isnt bullying, this is exactly marking out how some of this strange
> decisions been made. There been some who had experiences it was never
> looked where the trouble came from and it was just declared a general
> problem

The Fedora Code of Conduct asks others to be considerate and to be
respectful. Multiple times in this thread, you make bad-faith
assumptions about the intentions and experiences of others. You are not
being considerate or respectful.

On 5/25/20 10:04 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> Newcomers dont belong to the Ambassadors, there was long time the idea
> to restrict it even more and make another group mandatory before you
> even can request to become Ambassador
The gate-keeping of the "Ambassador" title has always disturbed me. Now
I better remember why I avoid using the Ambassador title, because some
specific people come and tell me I am not using it right and that it is
for "experienced community members" only.

Whatever being an "experienced community member" means anyways. :-)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory (he/him)

Leigh Griffin