Re: [Mindshare] Community callout: Fedora Moderation Guidelines

(moving council-discuss to BCC, easier to facilitate on Mindshare list)

Thanks for re-sharing this Radka. I think this is good advice. It also
points out an interesting tension between asynchronous platforms
(mailing lists, Discourse, git forge issues, etc.) and synchronous
platforms (IRC, Discord, Telegram, Matrix/Riot, etc.).

Asynchronous platforms usually have better tools and facilities for
logging action taken, like you mentioned in your blog post. Synchronous
platforms usually lack an automated tool by default to do these things.

I wonder if moderation guidelines might also include suggestions of
tools for different platforms, to help mods and admins make the right
choices for community management tools.

- Justin

Cheers,
Justin W. Flory (he/him)