Re: giving people credit for their work

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 4:40 PM Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Daniel,

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 12:44:19 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I'd like to understand how Fedora feels about giving people credit for
> their work.

> Is it about doing the bare minimum, checking that copyright statements
> list all authors in the code, for example?

> Or is it universal, for all aspects of the community, mentoring, etc?

I am not too clear about what you are asking. We thank our colleagues in
multiple ways:

- we tell them how grateful we are,
- we have badges that cover almost all aspects of the community: https://badges.fedoraproject.org/
- we have cookie karma: http://threebean.org/blog/karma-cookies/
- we publish various posts like this: https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/heroes-of-fedora-hof-f31-final/
- happiness packets: https://www.happinesspackets.io/

WOW Ankur, this is an awesome compilation of things we do at Fedora.

Though, I know all of them but just wondering do we have a page which includes all of them and can be shared with Fedora contributors from time to time to remind them about these?

It will be a nice way to say them "Hello, these tools exists and you may want to use them to appreciate your fellow fedora members"

WDYT?

Thanks,
Amita

There's a lot more. Because we default to open, contributions cannot be
covered up or misappropriated. One only has to look at the fedmsg
notifications to see who is doing what. This includes any contributions,
in any form.

I've snipped out the rest of your e-mail intentionally. I did not find
it relevant to the subject and initial questions you asked.

--
Thanks,
Regards,