Re: Code of Conduct and Fedora Planet

Sounds political.

-C

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:52 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The original post in the devel list thread was regarding a Code of
Conduct violation which resulted in a suspension of Daniel’s blog
from Planet Fedora. Daniel, in that thread, you stated:

> I just want to emphasize that this has nothing to with a Code of
> Conduct violation

Unfortunately, this is not the case. While we were reviewing a
report we received about one of Daniel’s blog posts, an additional
post was made which violated our Code of Conduct’s requirement to
be respectful even when disagreeing. I note that both of these blog
posts seem to be removed from the index of Daniel’s blog at this
time, but the original URLs redirect to another site where they
remain.

Daniel, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father and the
profound effect it has had on your family and your life. I hope
that your family is recovering from that loss and that you are all
safe and healthy during this uncertain time.

At the time, we decided that a 90-day suspension and cooling-off
period was appropriate. Per your request, we’re reviewing restoring
your blog to Fedora Planet. Your latest messages here have
complicated that review. Our Code of Conduct says “We might all
experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that
frustration to turn into a personal attack.” We all go over the
line on occasion when we are really upset. I know that I have! We
believe that in these very human situations, it’s okay to ask for
understanding and forgiveness and move on in friendship.

To all participating in this conversation, I truly hope that we can
start to give each other some assumption of good intent and begin
to move past this in a constructive way. We are all here with
opinions because we care enormously. Be assured that Fedora
leadership also cares, and is working to address the situation with
the utmost concern and consideration for all our contributors well
being and with the goal of being able to provide a forum for
respectful and productive discussions of issues relevant to Fedora
and open source software.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>