Re: Are working groups subprojects?

Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > One possibility here would be to add the WGs to the list of subprojects
> > [5]. However, it isn't clear to me whether a WG is a subproject or not.
> > Would it be OK to add the WGs to the list of subprojects?
>
> The short answer is: yes, that'd be good.

OK, done [1]. It would be nice to have them added to the drop down
too, but I doubt I can do that.

> ... we intended
> to replace that page with
>
> * https://teams.fedoraproject.org/discover/search?order_by=-total_activity_last_month
>
> which has the advantage of being automatic and showing activity -- a big
> problem with the wiki is that not only do new things not get added but
> things which have gone dormant are still listed (for example, "Fedora
> Videos" is not active).

It's good to have a static "map" as well as something that's activity
based, in my opinion...

> ... Candidly, once we got
> to that point, then the whole project of "we should fix this project
> communication issue" kind of slipped into limbo.

I have to say that, as someone who has worked on updating project
documentation in the past, it's hard to know how to contribute in this
space. Having some signposting for docs contributors would help.

Thanks for your help,

Allan
--
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Subprojects&type=revision&diff=558704&oldid=478573