Re: Considering a logo refresh

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 17:03, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Our "freedom + infinity + voice" logo is awesome -- but it also has some
> problems:
>
> * It doesn't work well at small sizes
> * It doesn't work at all in a single color
> * The "voice" bubble means it's hard to center visually in designs
> * The Fedora wordmark is based on a non-open-source font
> * I'm tired of explaining that it's not Facebook

If for no other reason that that.. I am for this :).

[Yes that's me ... you might be asking how this old contrarian is for
changing something major... It all started when I got tired of
explaining that I don't work for Facebook because I have an stylized F
on my laptop... ]

The other points I also agree with too. The amount of work design
people have had to do to 'make' the logo work with various things is
usually more work than any coder would be willing to do to make their
code continually work without a rewrite of the code. So I am all for a
rewrite here.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.