Re: New Objective proposal

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 11:34 PM Paul Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've prepared the following page and would be grateful for Council feedback:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Lifecycle_Objective

Thank you for proposing this.  I hope you will inspire others to
propose an objective too.  This is a well structured document.

> This objective stems from the talk that some folks may have seen me
> give at Flock in Dresden. Our goal is ultimately to figure out how to
> effectively deliver a more flexible platform and
> application/userspace. Some of the improvements we hope to make
> include those Matthew Miller has talked about frequently, such as
> faster, iterative delivery. I'd propose myself as the Council
> liaison/lead.
>
> The Objective isn't "here are the <N> simple steps to make this so,"
> but it does aim to get there as an early step in the process
> (discovery/investigation and proposing solutions).

Is the goal in defining the platform to have a platform definition
that is a building block for all current project deliverables
(editions, spins, labs)?

> In a rare alignment
> of the stars, I happen to be able to bring hands to the table to work
> on this Objective. :-) IOW, it's not a plea for help, although of
> course we'll be (1) open to collaboration with anyone who wants to
> pitch in, and (1) transparent to the community on plans and activities
> (it's Fedora!).

this is awesome. I'd like to stress to others reading that you don't
have to have this in order to propose an objective.  What you need is
a reasonable set of conditions that leads to you attracting people
willing to help you make this happen.

regards,

bex

> Looking forward to your input.
>
> --
> Paul

Brian (bex) Exelbierd | bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx | bex@xxxxxxxxx
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org