Re: Autumn Elections 2017 are cancelled

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 12:39:08AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Who is "we" that "decided" to cancel the running elections? What were the
> reasons for this "decision"? I object to this strongly. It doesn't look
> like this "decision" was made through an open process as is the usual
> Fedora way. I can't even find a Council ticket for this or a thread
> in the council-discuss mailing list.

"We" is the council -- we had a quick discussion on the private council list
(which we normally reserve for sensitive things). I asked Jan to file a
public ticket about it because I agree this should be a public
discussion. It's a mess and we need to figure out how to reset it in a
way that restores confidence.

I had meant a ticket to discussion reseting everything, but in that
conversation, everyone on the council who chimed in was in favor of
restarting, so ... I guess I didn't communicate that clearly enough to
Jan, for which I apologize. (There's a bunch of other stuff going on
today and I was terse.)

All of that said, I don't think there was any *malice* here -- just a
series of unfortunately ad hoc decisions. I really do think resetting
and doing it better and more clearly is the best way forward.

> Last but not least, I wonder why all elections are being cancelled
> instead of just FESCo. This was not explained, either.

Because they were inconsistent too, and it's _really_ better to run
them all at the same time.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>