Re: making https://github.com/fedoraproject official?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:22:06PM +0200, Brian Exelbierd wrote:
> > > I like this idea! GitHub is a visible place - our stuff might get
> > > discovered more easily. Also, by mirroring to GitHub, people might get
> > > credit on their GitHub profile for contributing.
> >
> > I'm generally in favor of engaging rather than shunning. If we don't
> > have a presence, people will just ignore us (or not know about us at
> > all). I talked to Pierre about GitHub sync a while ago, and I know he's
> > at least thought about it, so something like that might be a
> > possibility.
>
> I believe the GSoC students who worked on CentOS docs last year did work
> on a GH sync for Pagure .. this may be closer than we think.  I don't
> recall the details though.

The CentOS' GSoC students worked on mirroring tickets form github to pagure and
vice-versa, but I believe here the interest is in mirroring the content of the
git repo.

There is a PR opened for this (for a while now), that I should just take the
time to finish: https://pagure.io/pagure/pull-request/1105

Pierre