Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

>   Fedora creates an innovative platform that lights up hardware,
>   clouds, and containers for software developers and community
>   members to build tailored solutions for their users.

I share the view of a few others here on a few things.

It would seem to me that there's a distinction that's very clear about a 'platform' and an 'open platform', although it might be said elsewhere, if you were just just say the statement, an innovative open platform is specific and very clear in its goal. Where as the proposed isn't that clear.

I wouldn't bother with "free and open source" as suggested as that's not as clear in my opinion, open platform is clear in that its tones of freedom of the platform, free and open source could come across as no cost and code.

Jeff Sandys makes a very good point about the placement of the latter words (hardware, clouds, containers, for software developers and community members to build tailored solutions for their users). It comes across as putting a great distance between Fedora and its users, more as if the goal for Fedora is to aim just for developers of larger platforms specifically, it comes across a little as if users wouldn't use Fedora to do those things (exclusionary i think is the word i'm looking for). Most of us I would imagine are users of Fedora first.

I do think his slight restructure fits far better and still gets the original message across while also putting all users of Fedora at the front line of Fedoras user base.

> **Fedora creates an innovative open platform for users, community members
> and software developers to build solutions that lights up hardware,
> containers and clouds.**

Apart from that, 'lights up' and 'innovate' are pretty meaningless buzz words these days so don't (for me at least) convey any additional meaning to the statement. Something to replace them might be worth at least throwing around?