Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

On 14 April 2017 at 22:10, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's also worth pointing out that if people are seeing it as
> uninteresting and boring, then perhaps we just need a better message
> around why it's exciting to help develop a fully featured Free
> operating system. The new message may even help in that, but we have
> to remember that we haven't actually "won" the war for Free and Open
> Source software. There are all-new battles to fight and some of the
> same old battles are there too.
>
> Please consider integrating these core aspects into a new mission draft.

I am not disagreeing with your feeling, but working with mission
statements aren't one of those things which do well with statements
like "Please consider". Offer a patch or don't expect the change to
move forward or in the way you wanted. [Think of it like telling the
kernel people it would be nice if they considered implementing for the
sound card in your computer... they can say they did but since they
have no idea what that would be like.. didn't.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.