FY18 Budget StopGap Proposal

Hi All,

The FY18 (2017-2018) budget provided by RH will not be available by
March 1, 2017.  Therefore I propose the following action for adoption by
the council:

Proposal: Temporary spending authorization for Ambassador regions

Because we do not have final budget numbers, we need to be conservative
with spending.  Therefore Ambassador regions are authorized to allocate
and potentially spend up to 10% of their prior year budget.  This is NOT
A FINAL BUDGET nor do we expect to have severe budget cuts, but we need
to be fiscally responsible.  If a region needs to spend more than this
amount, they should vote on the ticket assuming they will receive 90% of
their prior year budget and make a request to the Council in a ticket.

To put this in context, 10% of the prior year budget should cover the
period from March 1 to about April 10 (assuming level spending).  For
some regions this may go further depending on the actual timing of
events.  The 90% level proposed above assuming some cutting and allows
for regions to make a decision based on a reasonably conservative
estimate of their total budget.  While changes are possible, we are not
expecting the public budget to be reduced but have been given no
official guidance on this.  Additionally, this estimates reasonably
conservative reductions to account for some budgetary realignment the
Council may choose to do.

I'd like this voted on in the next council meeting.  Thank you.

regards,

bex