Re: Signature Events Strategy for 2017 (Part I: Flock)

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 07:53:35AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > I believe the council should, with community input, set some themes for
> > each Flock.  These themes are not absolutes, but instead should be one
> > of the many factors considered when looking at programming submissions.
> > This way we can also help keep Flock focused on doing.
> We did this last year.  It didn't really pan out well.  Whether that's
> because of the themes that were set or something else, I have no idea.

For whatever reason, we basically got those themes by accident. I
suggested some examples that fit the style of theme that I wanted
(thinking about impact on the project or the community, rather than
technology-centric tracks), and no one else had any other ones, so
that's what we got. (I mean, I don't think my suggestions were bad per
se, but we probably good have done better with more input.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>