Re: [council] #71: IRC SIG reform

What you are suggesting would be bringing in essentially an entirely new set of "moderators" which would need to monitor the channel 24/7, understand the systems in place and the processes, but then also expect that the "ops" be available to handle chan-op duties if it comes to needing an action done.  And on top of that, it would require coordination between these two groups and some sort of system in place to determine who has what responsibility as well as a mechanism in place to allow a "mod" to 'authorize' an "op" to take action.

This is all overly complicated and is unnecessary.  Adding more process to this is not the way to fix it.

I would hope the counsel takes your original issue and advice in mind but they are well capable of making their own decisions when it comes to how to maintain community interaction.  I don't think there's any need to continue pushing your agenda.