Re: back to the "incubator brand" discussion: reviving Playground

On 23 September 2016 at 09:08, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 09/23/2016 07:42 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> * I don't remember if I invented this or if I picked it up from
>>> someone. Let me know if it was you. :)
>>>

>> This came out of the first Flock from that brainstorming session that eventually
>> became the three Editions. I don't remember who first proposed it, but it was
>> one that rapidly gained traction.
>
> We need to revisit why it ultimately stalled then.  I think Matthew's
> plans on documentation and purpose will help, but if it had traction
> before and then fizzled out we need to avoid repeating that mistake
> again.

If I remember it fizzed out on the following:

* Some people accused it of making Fedora Extras vs Core again. This
derailed a couple of conversations as old wars from 10+ years ago came
up.
* Some people felt it wasn't focused enough to get results so the
second round was Editions which was more focused.
* How was it going to be built? Koji has limitations on how it can
'split things up' and Copr was still at incubation levels of
development.

> josh

Stephen J Smoogen.