Re: IRC SIG needs external oversight

This is going to be a productive conversation if we focus on the *actions* being disputed here and not any *people.*

Nobody is saying such-and-such a person is "scum" or anything like that; we are questioning the *actions* that were taken (which a number of folks have attributed to potential burn-out and not ill-intent. It has been acknowledged multiple times having op is a challenge and oftentimes thankless task.)

If anybody involved stands by actions they took that are being contested - completely fine. It is very understandable to take it personally as we are all passionate about what we do, but please do not take the discussion personally. We cannot solve the very real problems under discussion here if things get personal, because that will lead to unnecessary and unproductive escalation.

So my suggestion is please let's drop this part of the thread and move on. Ben, if you have additional data about the situation to provide, please do so, but let's not take this conversation where it's not going to be productive to go.

~m