Re: Suggestion about Fedora activity day acronym FAD

On Mar 17, 2016 1:21 PM, "Joe Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm not sure I really feel like, of our problems with naming things,
> > this is near the top of the list, because FADs are really an internal
> > thing. (If someone has a better name for xdg-app, *that* I'd like to
> > hear!) But then, I read this and I do kind of like "Fedora Sprints".
>
> /me grabs paintbrush for bikeshed
>
> If FAD really irks enough people then Fedora $foo Sprints (where $foo is
> the thing) seems good to me.
>
> So - you'd have like Fedora Cloud Sprint 2016, Fedora Docs Sprint 2016,

We've heard similar suggestions about FUDCon as well (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt), but we are still using that one in many regions too. Internally, it means something different to Fedora, which is the primary audience you want to engage with.

The important thing here is to adhere to the budget and organizing guidelines, but if you want to call it something else, by all means.

HTH,
--RemyD.