Re: Suggestion about Fedora activity day acronym FAD

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:20 PM, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx
<pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   FAD - an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the
> latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"  [syn: {craze}, {furor},
> {furore}, {cult}, {rage}]
>
>   During last G11N FAD, i got comment on Facebook post as follows:
>
> Ray Doc I don't like the acronym FAD. It basically means:an intense and
> widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived;
> a craze. Something different by way of an Acronym would be better. This
> means that the action is short-lived.

Technically, a FAD *is* shortlived.  It is a brief event spanning just
a few days to focus on a specific topic.  Hopefully the topic or work
is longer lived than the actual event :).

>    And just saw one more. "Slightly unfortunate naming there – “Python 3
> fad”" [1]
>
>    I think we should make sure to name it as "Fedora ---- activity day" i.e
> Fedora python activity day. FPAD  or "Fedora Globalization activity day"
> FGAD.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I'm not sure adding random
letters to the acronym make it any clearer.  I mean, FPAD could be
Perl or Python or Planning or etc.  Perhaps if we renamed them Fedora
Activity Events or Fedora Sprints?

josh