Re: FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

On 10/15/2015 09:49 AM, pjp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 9:19 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On a more general note, something for APAC region to consider... using
very rough back-of-the-envelope calculations, the $17k proposed here
could instead be used to get a dozen key contributors from APAC to
Flock next year. How would doing that compare as value for the money in
terms of overall benefit to the Fedora APAC community? (Not saying
that's necessarily better — genuine question.)
   I think that'll benefit the key Flock participants, but wouldn't help as much to the Fedora APAC community. It would not serve the purpose of bringing Fedora APAC contributors together, or help to grow the Fedora APAC community. (just thinking aloud)

I might be speculating but does this question arise because we don't see increase in number of contributors from APAC after an event like FUDCon APAC?

If that is the case, we might want to re-look at large event like FUDCon in this region and focus on having measurable ambassador programs and smaller local conferences which is not heavy on budget but good means to nurture and develop potential local Fedora contributors. We should look at Flock as a global event and fly key contributors from APAC. IMO, that will be more rewarding for people who really contribute. If we see the number of key contributors increase from this region then we can re-introduce FUDCon APAC?

My .2 cents.

Cheers,
Sudhir

  ---
Regards
    -P J P
http://feedmug.com

The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and
open source software and content as a collaborative community.