Re: [Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:43:59AM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Maybe we need to seriously reconsider the idea of having three premier
> events and have just one contributor event, Flock, once a year.  This
> ought to also get rid of all of the "you have your FUDCon, why do you
> want to hog funds from our Flock" nonsense that seems to get spewed
> around in different ways.

Let's avoid calling what other people in the project say "nonsense" or
"spew". I mean in general, but also in this particular case I think
that's a reasonable view if you think of Flock as "better FUDCon"
rather than a whole different thing. I'm a strong advocate of it being
a different thing, but let's be respectful of those with a different
view (even — or especially — if we want to convince them otherwise).

That said....

> If we do this however, we need to also rethink how we do user outreach.

I do think it's worth considering all together in this way, yes.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>