Re: Flock and possible upcoming objectives: marketing upfront; internet of things

Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx) said:
> I think atomic is an excellent use case for that style of updates and
> with decent testing would even provide decent rolling style of update
> between releases with the ability to do rollbacks too with one boot
> type of functionality (update, set watchdog, reboot, test connectivity
> and core functionality, unset one-boot flag for rollback or if tests
> fail/watchdog triggers).
>
> The first two items are covered to some degree by atomic, the later
> would need some form of push management platform. I've not looked
> closely at feedhenry bits as I don't believe they've been opensourced
> yet, or I missed the announcement but there could be building blocks
> there.

Definitely fits way way better for the use case than our traditional model.
Although given that each IoT thingamajig is likely going to want a level of
customization, that means either concentrating more on the container build
aspect for the customized bits, or if they need heavier customization,
concentrating more on the atomic-producing tools rather than the One True
Atomic IoT tree.

Bill