Re: user base wiki page

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 09:17:54AM -0400, White, Langdon wrote:
> > > The solution to stale wikis is not to create more wikis...
> > It's also not to use a wiki to set the future direction for
> > documentation. :-)
> Is this a problem for docs (or a collaboration between docs and marketing)?
> Why does the council have anything to do with the IA[1] of fedora's
> communication for documentation , org, getting started, etc? I could see
> "approval" or "objective identification" but not "solution". I would posit
> that the people in those groups are way more competent in the subject than
> I am.
> [1]: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_architecture

That's fair. What I want is something that _has_ an information
architecture; the wiki as it stands is a perfect example of an
unarchitected system. That's actually useful and powerful for many
things, but breaks down for others. So, going back to Josh's comment, I
wasn't suggesting we just have another one of those. (If we did, it'd
start out fine and break down again.) I know docs team _is_ working on
a new system to generate nice user-facing docs from arbitrary git
repos. So maybe the answer is to kill the project-overview section in
the wiki (about, mission, vision, objectives, etc.) and move to that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>