Re: fudcon bid process

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fedora is full of FPL responsibilities documented in scattered
> locations all over the project wiki waiting to surprise me. Not that
> there's any problem with responsibilities, just that I don't want to
> let anything drop on the floor because I overlooked it. Sirko from the
> Ambassadors noted that one of the things where lack of FPL action can
> block the community is the FUDCon bid process -- see
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process>. I see that this
> also refers to some outdated things like the "CommArch manager", which
> is confusing because CommArch isn't even a thing anymore.
>
> This is a great example of one of the reasons we created the Council in
> the first place, and I'd like to suggest that we update this page to
> replace FPL with the Council, and specifically make this a
> responsibility of the Community Action and Impact Coordinator.
>
> I don't know the exact the right mix between putting this entirely on
> that person (shoving Remy under the bus?) and making it a
> collective/shared Council responsibility; thoughts on that? The part in
> the end about "decision process" is also somewhat unclear -- I'm pretty
> sure I know what it means to say, but it's left as assumed that we know
> who that means... maybe we can clear that up, especially with the basic
> plan of having the Council have more responsibility for the budget.
>

> (Overall, the basic process looks solid, and the 2010 goals still seem
> correct.)

I think we probably need to reconcile this a bit with the fact that
FUDCons are regional events for APAC and LATAM and Flock has replaced
FUDCons for EMEA and NA.  The bid processes[1] are fairly close so
perhaps we could consolidate things and clarify at the same time.  At
the very least, the pages should refer to each other in some manner.

josh

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock_bid_process