Re: first (quick?) issue for the council -- fedora's default firefox page

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 13:43:57 -0500,
 Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 12:35:25PM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
Is this going to be a local copy of that page or is this going to
open a network connection start.fedoraproject.org, before one has an
easy opportunity to change the start page?

It is a remote page, as it has been for a while.

Would making it a local page be an acceptible alternative?

This link and other Fedora links are already added to bookmarks. Are
people trying to find out more about Fedora after installation,
actually having a problem finding information?

It's not so much about finding information as staying connected. As
noted in the bug and earlier message, people _are_ using this fairly
heavily, because we know they're clicking through links to Fedora
Magazine.

Do we know how much of a drop there is when people need to go through a book mark with the initial page being blank? It doesn't sound like the about:newpage version was there for a release, in which case we probably don't know the effect.