Re: [board] #12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in preparation for vote

#12: Fedora Council Charter Draft: collect concerns for revisions in preparation
for vote
------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mattdm      |       Owner:  mattdm

Comment (by jwboyer):

 Replying to [comment:19 inode0]:
 > Replying to [comment:17 mattdm]:
 > > Replying to [comment:16 inode0]:
 > > > I don't know how the outreach and building groups will select
 representatives from what I've read so far. The proposal does not call for
 committee selection. While FESCo naturally subsumes all of the
 distro/product building groups, FAmSCo is just an ambassador body.

 > > That is a bit uncharted. Thanks for highlighting it. We could ask for
 a special selection committee comprised of representatives from:
 Ambassadors, Marketing, Docs, Websites, and Ask Fedora? (Maybe also IRC
 Support SIG? Anything else?) FESCo could do a similar thing, although as
 you say it's already structured in a way that makes it a natural point as
 is. For the outreach side, do you think it's problematic to ask FAmSCo to
 organize that and be inclusive, even though it's bigger than the scope
 they've traditionally had?

 > Personally I would rather have a FESCo equivalent on the outreach side.
 I think it would make a more logical body to integrate things into all
 those various areas and to develop strategies for presenting Fedora (both
 the Project and the Products) to the public.

 I don't necessarily disagree, but that is going to take a while to
 bootstrap.  Having such a body in place as a prerequisite to the Board
 rework seems unnecessary.  I think it would be possible to deal with
 selecting a representative now, and having them work towards that as one
 of the first goals.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/12#comment:20>
board <https://fedorahosted.org/board>