Re: [Request for Comments] Governance change for Fedora Project

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:01:44AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> From an organization standpoint I would be immediately more
> comfortable with a new body whose primary or sole mission was to
> further the implementation of the project's vision.
>
> The board's role would not necessarily be more pared-down. It would
> continue doing what it has been doing and could have additional
> governance responsibilities added over time, like the ability to
> allocate some resources among competing demands.

I can behind this idea, but I'm cautious about Miloslav Trmač's admonishment
that we're already creating groups and governing bodies in Fedora at an
alarming rate. I believe he asked for a moratorium.

Nonetheless I'm willing to try it, especially if we can be extra-clear about
roles and responsibilities.

> More important than being representative of the community voice at any
> particular point in time to me is that the community retain a strong
> voice in who those representatives are and the ability to change them.

If we do go this route, I'd be interested in seeing the oversight board
changed to an all-elected body (even if we have defined constituencies for
some positions).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>