Re: [Request for Comments] Governance change for Fedora Project

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 20:20:59 +0200,
 Haïkel <hguemar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear contributors,

Following the current discussion about governance, a proposal to
change the governance model of the project has been made during the
"Governance for Fedora.Next workshop" in Flock Prague 2014.
We request your feedbacks about before considering its adoption or rejection.

The description seemed pretty vague about how people get on the council. My impression is that the FPL picks from people who want the job according to what the FPL thinks will work out.

That isn't necessarily bad. But if the intention is that there be a more formal selection process, I think a better description is needed.

I do think there is a risk in an FPL picking whoever they like. There is a risk of getting some isolated group think that may not see things the same way as significant number of other contributors. I think that FPLs will need to make sure they get a good mix of views when they pick this group.

Is this new process going to put more stress on FPLs or less? Our FPLs seem to burn out pretty quick, so it would be nice if the intention for this process was to do a lot of delegation. Making the FPL job harder would not be a good idea.