Re: [Request for Comments] Governance change for Fedora Project

Thank you for your response helping me understand a little more about FESCo.

The response to me indicates almost everything I thought the board did
is done by FESCo.

I am told FESCo decides what goes into a release and what does not.

I am guessing there is a legal department, is this the Redhat legal
department, that decides legal issues.
I am guessing the board won't (or can't) reject a Redhat legal
department opinion.

What exactly does the board do?

Is the board a public relations group that handles relations with
users, other companies, outsiders?

Looking at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Responsibilities doesn't help me.

What is this about
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Strategic_Philosophy if FESCo
decides what is
in the release and what is not in the release?

Does the board have its own set of developers who create strategic
packages or something?

Perhaps we need FESCo doing what it does, a public relations group for
users and outsiders,
a group that handles user complaints if the user has difficulty going
through bugzilla,
and a group that does strategic thinking?

What strategic thinking has the board done in the past,
by way of examples, so one can understand what strategic thinking
might be expected in the future?

I am guessing the board has a great deal of independence from Redhat,
but could be wrong.

What is the relationship between Redhat and the board, between Redhat
and Fedora?

It wouldn't concern me to learn Redhat pulls the strings behind the
curtain for Fedora.
What matters to me is Fedora meeting my needs as a user.

It's fine with me if I learn the board is little more than a
secretarial function handling tactical details.
I knew companies that were run by the CEO's secretary leaving the CEO
to do strategic planning.
Someone has to be strategic and someone has to be tactical and take
care of details.
I knew a company with divisions where the secretary within a
particular division actually did have
greater signature authority than the head of the division.

It's not clear, to me, as a user, how these changes will affect users.
Should I be worried?

-Rick