Re: Empowering Fedora sub-communities

On 04/01/2014 10:06 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
(Breaking this out from the ticket paste)

How about if we decouple Fedora-the-product and Fedora-the-community?

How about we stop trying to turn Fedora into Ubuntu until we have replaced our Red Hat overlord with one called Canonical and decouple Red Hat's personal interest designing and defining it's RHEL 8 with it's .next and wg vision from the project and just force it to drive this vision internally or release those products under the CentOS brand as technology previews for upcoming Red Hat releases because the fact is this vision of theirs is being design and driven entirely wrong from the ground up and will never work as they are in a community driven distribution anyway.

They can hosts as many sessions as they can in devconf, they can take all the keynotes and best slots at flock, they can design a whole magazine to brainwash the community and general public but in the end of the day none and I mean none of the key ingredients necessary to make multiple products work are in the soup from the .next and wg chefs which is leaving the community and the project in whole with recipe for disaster.

JBG