Re: Proposal: Revision of policy surrounding 3rd party and non-free software

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 02:42:24PM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Please Matthew,
> Stop fooling around, I actually thought you had a proposal for how to do it here, but instead you where just trying to be clever about saying 'no'

I have a proposal, which is that we make it straightforward for users
who want to be able to install non-free software to obtain that non-free
software by going to the vendor's website. They manage to do that on
Windows and OS X, why do we not believe they're able to do it on Linux?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx